Sunday, October 6, 2013

Why, hello, there!

Life has brought me to a new city 850 miles from home and presented me with more free time than I've had since 5th grade.  It's been quite a change in many ways: city to suburbs; midwest to east coast; busy business owner schedule to open calendar...  I'm an entrepreneur at heart and not happy unless I'm being productive so while I explore this new place and learn how I fit in, I'm going to spend some time focusing on an aspect of life that I tend to push down on the priority list when I get busy:

Housekeeping.

This blog chronicles my quest to conquer it.  Not as a person who loves housekeeping or is particular gifted at it, but rather as a person who wants to beat it in order to spend time on more interesting things.  Truth be told, I'd rather hire a maid and a cook and call it a day, but life circumstances prevent this. :)  So, I'm taking what seems to be the next best alternative - coming up with systems to make the household chores take minimal mental energy so I can focus my attention on the things I'd really like to think about.  I do love a good system!  In this blog, you can expect to find all sorts of home management systems and hacks as I experiment and find what works for my family.  I'm not super-focused in any one area of household management, so please indulge my wanderings between menu planning and bathroom renovations.

Oh, in the spirit of full disclosure, I should mention we don't even have a house right now!  Minor issue for a home blogger, right?  We arrived in our new city about 7 weeks ago and we're waiting (not always so patiently) to move into our new house while living out of about 6 boxes in the spare room of some very, very generous friends who hadn't even met us until we arrived on their doorstep our first night in town.  In even more full disclosure, I should mention that a few weeks ago my husband came home from work and I had made dinner (he enjoys cooking [score!] so that task usually fell to him).  I told him I was "pretending to be domestic" and he actually laughed to my face.  I kid you not!  With that glowing recommendation, let's get this show on the road!  Watch out, Home.  Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment