Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Color Palette

OK, you guys all know how the computer screen's version of a paint color is not at all what the color is in real life, but what can you do?  These blues are waaaay off.  I found that if  hold my head off to the side of the monitor and look at it from an angle then the colors are truer to life.  If you want confused looks from anyone who may walk past while reading, you can try that. :)  Basically, the Aleutian is much more gray than powder blue and the Saguaro is a brighter green, not nearly as close in color to the Tony Taupe, as they appear online.  Disclaimers aside, here are the colors we chose:

Blues

Sherwin-Williams 6244 Naval
Sherwin-Williams 6241 Aleutian














Greens

Sherwin Williams 6179 Artichoke
Martha Stewart 092 Saguaro












 

Neutrals

Sherwin-Williams 7038 Tony Taupe
Sherwin-Williams 7036 Accessible Beige














Trim

Behr 1812 Swiss Coffee














Stain

TBD!  We haven't had a project that has required stain just yet so I haven't selected this one, but once we do I anticipate using the same color on all stained projects in the house.

The Palette in Practice

So far, we've only used the Saguaro, Tony Taupe, and Swiss Coffee, but I'm excited to see how this color scheme plays out through the rest of the house.  It is such a great feeling to think that I don't have that huge decision-making process in front of me before I start each new room and I like that the light/dark options give me some flexibility.  Who knows, though, I could get a sample of one of those blues and it ends up being hideous and I'll be back to square one.  I guess we'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment