Sunday, October 27, 2013

Unrecognizable

Photo Credit
Sometimes I think aliens have invaded and taken over my body.  Tonight this beef-loving girl made lentil tacos and then set some navy beans out to soak for a bean dish later in the week.  What???  A month ago, the only beans in our diet were green or jelly.  Occasionally we'd have chickpeas, but only in the form of chocolate chip cookie dough dip.  A year ago, I didn't even know that chickpeas and garbanzo beans were the same thing! 

Part of conquering this home, however, is beating the grocery budget so we're becoming well-acquainted with all things legume.  Call me a dork, but I'm kind of excited because I think beans and lentils look nice in jars and when we get a kitchen (and hopefully the rest of the house, too) I'll have fun things to organize and label in the pantry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment